The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) Headquarters complex is situated at Kurmitola, Dhaka Comprising of 12 (Twelve) bigha of land. The entire construction area is about 35,000 sft.(approximate). There are two basements for car parking. The superstructure is ten storied. The complex can be functionally subdivided into four wings, namely:
- Administration wing of CAAB HQ: This is a combination of Ten storied and Nine storied building and two basements. The entire administration facilities unit.
- Service wing of CAAB: Provides all head of departmental service from this complex.
- Auditorium facility wing of CAAB: his building provides auditorium activities.
Design and Documentation stage:
- Architectural Presentation Drawings,
- 3D drawings (Perceptions) and scale paper model,
- Architectural working drawing and detailing,
- Structural design and drawing,
- Plumbing and sanitary design including the water supply and sanitation system STP (Sewerage Treatment Plant),
- HVAC design including the air-conditioning ducting drawing and central ventilation system,
- Firefighting design including the fire detection system, fire sprinkler, hydrant and other suppression systems,
- LAN computer networking design and other building automation design through BMS,
- Preparation of Bill of quantities (BOQ) and specification,
- Tender documents preparation and selection of contractor,
Services provided at construction stage:
- Constant supervision by engineers (2 B.Sc Civil engineers, 2 Diploma civil engineers, one electrical engineer, One mechanical engineer, one degree architect for four years).
- Top supervision by design architects and engineers.
- Contractors bill evaluation.
- Overall quality control and time management.
- Monthly progress report preparation.